In July 2008 in the week before Wikimania:, FLOSS Manuals (headed by Adam Hyde) is hosting an Inkscape documentation "booksprint" in Paris. ("Booksprint" = produce lots of book content in a short amount of time)
I (Brianna) am going to attend and I want to meet and involve as many French Wikimedians in the booksprint as I can! (And generally, meeting Wikimedians is cool)
And at Wikimania, Adam and I will be holding a FM/Wikimedia Commons/Inkscape workshop on how to use Inkscape for working with Wikimedia Commons SVGs. We will use the new manual as a basis for this workshop.
- WHEN: July 6-13, 2008 (I won't be there until the 8th)
- WHERE: Paris Cité des Sciences
You can take part
- by showing up in real life, or
- on IRC
- write new documentation (in French or English)
- edit/update existing and new documentation (fr/en)
- translate (especially fr->en)
- update help texts on Wikipedia/Commons/Wikibooks?
If you like, put your name here and which days you might be interested in taking part.
- 8th or 9th to 13th pfctdayelise 02:50, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'll show up one day (depending on my schedule). Interested in the writing process. (:Julien:) 20:20, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- I was here on last sunday want to work again wednesday afternoon, but it seem everyone want an holiday this day :(, anyway I will contribute online, you can write me on my discussion page too. Popolon
- I will contribute online too. Train ticket too expansive O.ô. Yug
I need to make contact with all the cool Wikimedians in Paris (that's all of them BTW), but especially those interested in Commons and graphics. Please help me by passing this message onto anyone you know who might be interested.
I'm also looking for couches to surf on during that week. Please email me to make contact :)
- Brianna, we have a meeting of Wikimedia France on the 12th. So I am pretty sure you'll be able to find some of us. For the couch, I can not help you as I am not living in Paris (I'll have the same problem than you :-)). See ya there Anthere 11:48, 16 June 2008 (UTC)