Jump to navigation Jump to search
A good reason should be given why it should be closed/deleted.
- Inactivity in itself is no valid reason; additional problems are.
When the Wikimedia Incubator is at a stage where it is usable to a certain extent like a real wiki , inactivity may become a valid reason.
- Absence of content since the wiki's creation is a valid reason (usually for type 1).
- Not meeting the current Language proposal policy requirements is not a valid reason.
- Keep in mind that Wikimedia/LangCom does not define what is a language and what is a dialect. We follow international ISO standards which may sometimes have a broad interpretation of language. One should generally not propose a project for closure because it is allegedly written in a "dialect" rather than a "language."
- Remove the struck out portion, including footnote. I don't see that Incubator is really going there. It functionally serves that purpose now sometimes, but really only for projects that are not going to be approved as standalones (like historical language projects).
- Add sub-bullet to what's left:
- Inactivity of a Wikinews project is a little different, because a front page of a "news" project with only old and/or obsolete news stories can be embarrassing. See /Soft closure of Wikinews projects.