Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add details to each goal.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
We are planning a series of 6 editathons over 3 months focused improving articles about female artists.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We have posted notifications on the portals for WikiWomen project and WikiProject Biography/Arts and Entertainment, asking for support to develop work lists and to volunteer to be mentors to new editors during the editathon series. There have been discussions on GenderGap mailing lists where we have asked for advice from people who have run similar editathon series. We have used our local mailing list to find experienced editors to volunteer at the editathons.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
On our team we have four experienced editors to help lead editathons and to support participants and one person who does not edit often, but is a great event planner who will be in charge of event logistics.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We will host the events in a computer lab at a public library, so that people do not have to bring their own laptops. We will make sure that participants know the opening hours of the library computer lab so that they can return to keep editing between editathons. A librarian has agreed to collect books and materials that can be used as references. Those books will be listed on the event page so that people can find them.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
Online mentors will send a welcome message to new editors after the event. They will monitor the work done by new editors between events so they can answer questions and offer feedback. We will also start a Facebook group for editathon participants to talk.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 6
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 15
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We have 4 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events, one event planner, and 2 online mentors. Library staff will help us with resources and are providing the venue for free.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!