User:WDoran (WMF)/User Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A User Guide to: Will Doran
- Monday 0800-1600
- Tuesday-Thursday 0700 - 1500
- Friday 0800-1600
Location/Timezone: Montreal, Quebec EST/EDT Preferred Name: Will
How to talk to me:
- I am on Slack, IRC and email. I am unreliably on Element as well.
- If you want to read me fast Slack or IRC.
- If you email me, I will be quite slow to respond.
(Optional) Pronouns: he/him
(Optional) Things I like:
- Software Practices
- Machine Learning
- Protein binding sites
- Chatting about anarchism
- Active listening
- Nonviolent Communications
(Optional) Things I’m bad at:
- Remembering things without a reminder, task or list
- Writing succinctly
(Optional) Annoying things I do:
- I have a need for everything to be fully explained, that can lead me to push past what is a reasonable depth of explanation
- To be effective I need information that means I will ask you to not only code but to keep your work visible so that I can bug you less
- My tendency is to take on many things, I struggle to make sure I control my own WIP
- Because I need to get better at being succinct, I will often send you too verbose a message
(Optional) Hot takes:
- Arguing is ok if we resolve the argument or tension. Papering over tensions will not help us long term
(Optional) Anything else you should know about me:
- I'm thinking...