Welcome to my talk page!
|2018 • 2019|
|Users by language|
Opinion about my global rename for help
Hi, 1997kB . I hope you well. Can you help me or handle my Global rename case. mostly I'm active on English Wikipedia. I wanted to using pseudonym name because I'm feel not safe on Wikipedia. Some of time I'm nomination / AFD vote participate on en Wikipedia after than some people threat me. I strongly decided that i needed to change my name. Thanks--Nahal(T) 16:54, 7 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Nocturnal306: Done, plus if there has been a serious breach in your personal safety, contact to Trust and Safety. Cheers! ‐‐1997kB (talk) 17:05, 7 January 2020 (UTC)
Hi, Please can I change my username so it doesn't include my name. I tried the other day but the new name was rejected and I can't find the appropriate page to try again. Please advise how I go about doing this. Thanks —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Peter Francis Film Design (talk) 19:25, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
Can take a look at w:zh:Wikipedia:更改用户名
Please Unblock Our Company Username
Hi Dear, before One of our friends in Iran created a wiki for us, and the system was deleted it, for about 12 days ago, we created a new wiki named "ECOHOS" and after 2 days you deleted the page and blocked our account, we are the company and we have website, application about real estate and construction, Even for us to get out of the block, we created a new account on wiki, But still blocked by you, please show us the way we can rebrand Wikipedia. regards —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ecohos (talk) 10:43, 3 February 2020 (UTC)
- @Ecohos: Please follow instructions at d:User_talk:Ecohos. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 04:53, 4 February 2020 (UTC)
Renaming my username
- @J.S. Clingman: I see no issues with new username. If you are aware of potential implications of using real name, you can request rename here. Cheers! ‐‐1997kB (talk) 06:59, 9 February 2020 (UTC)
[WikiConference India 2020] Conference & Event Grant proposal
WikiConference India 2020 team is happy to inform you that the Conference & Event Grant proposal for WikiConference India 2020 has been submitted to the Wikimedia Foundation. This is to notify community members that for the last two weeks we have opened the proposal for community review, according to the timeline, post notifying on Indian Wikimedia community mailing list. After receiving feedback from several community members, certain aspects of the proposal and the budget have been changed. However, community members can still continue engage on the talk page, for any suggestions/questions/comments. After going through the proposal + FAQs, if you feel contented, please endorse the proposal at WikiConference_India_2020#Endorsements, along with a rationale for endorsing this project. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:21, 19 February 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I'm planning to change my username for privacy reasons. My question is, is there any limit like number of contributions? My current global contributions is about 80,000, and I'm an administrator in Indonesian Wikipedia, hence the high number. I'm asking about this since there was a user which got their global rename process stuck because they had 100,000 global contributions at the time. The process then had to be solved through Phabricator. Asking this just to make sure i wouldn't go through the same issue. -- Bagas Chrisara (talk) 07:42, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
- @Bagas Chrisara: Well the process has improved alot since then, and there's no contributions limit now, so feel free to go for it. You can request at Special:GlobalRenameRequest. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 07:48, 5 March 2020 (UTC)
Community Wishlist Survey 2019 - Section Name in Diff
You previously voted for this wish, so we are now contacting you. We invite you to visit the project page, where you can read a project analysis and share your feedback.
We hope to see you on the project talk page, and thank you in advance!
-- IFried (WMF), 14:13, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
Problems with user Fr. Wiki AlainPainchaud
Thank you for taking time to look at my request.
I am sorry to ask you that. In my opinion, it should have been resolved long time ago. I can not change because they block me and they would not do it. I insist, I DO NOT WANT TO BYPASS RESTRICTION, I WANT TO CHANGE USERNAME AND PARK ACCOUNT. Thank you for the other contacts. I will check if they are willing to help me. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by AlainPainchaud (talk) 08:15, 12 March 2020 (UTC)
Global renamer permission on Vietnamese Wikipedia
Hello, who should I contact to to get a renamer permission? Since the only renamer has retired for some reason and we don't have any renamer to handle that. Thanks! Phjtieudoc (talk) 01:20, 18 March 2020 (UTC)
- Hey @Phjtieudoc:, You need to request at SRGP and for the information you will get rename permission for all wiki's not just Vietnamese. Although Trần Nguyễn Minh Huy hasn't retired yet, having a second renamer for Vietnamese wiki will be great as local page get good amount of request. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 03:54, 18 March 2020 (UTC)
change my username
Name change "Not done"
Hi, I requested a name change as Aghahremanifar, username changed to FelisObscura and now it says that it's not done. What shall I do? Also, I have to add that I'm "not logged it" automatically. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by FelisObscura (talk) 13:38, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, While you submitted request to change to Aghahremanifar, you also submitted another request to change it to FelisObscura and that was handled and you were renamed. If you didn't wanted to be renamed to FelisObscura, then why you submitted another request? ‐‐1997kB (talk) 13:48, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
I did not request to to change to neither Aghahremanifar, nor FelisObscura! I requested to change my username from Aghahremanifar to Aesuithiel. Please, change my username to Aesuithiel. I have checked and It's not taken. This is the only request I have ever submitted on "Steward requests/Username changes". But, after it marked "not done" I submitted the same request again, and you reverted it. Funny, I don't even know what this new username mean. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by FelisObscura (talk) 14:33, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
- @FelisObscura: As this log says you submitted request to OTRS system. Pinging @Martin Urbanec: as they handled it. Also please sign your future replies by using
~~~~. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 14:42, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
- As it seems this was mistakenly renamed I have reverted the rename and completed your request as well as Exquisitim's. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 15:04, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
Could you please change my Name?
- @JaEditor: You can now login with new name. Also please sign your messages by typing
~~~~at the end of messages. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 10:18, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Username_changes#Simple_rename_requests Hi I entered the request here, I would like to change my username to an anonymous one. Did I do well to enter here? Thanks--JN95 (talk) 19:40, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
Hello! I Accidentally misspelled my name (MRVN Musuc) when i made an account, was wondering if i could have it changed to MRVNMusic ? Thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by MRVN Musuc (talk) 23:13, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
- @MRVN Musuc: Please request at Special:GlobalRenameRequest. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 15:31, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
User name change
Hello, I would like to change my Wikipedia username from Shobhasv to Shobha. I checked if the username is available and I found out that 'user:Shobha' (https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shobha) started their account on simple.wikipedia.org five years ago in 2015. But there have been no edits under their name. It looks like it's a sleeper account. Considering the dormant nature of this account, is it possible for me to have this username instead?
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Hi Shobhasv, yes it is possible to take this username if owner of this account doesn't oppose after notification from renamer (likely they not gonna respond, but just to make it clear). For that process to start please make a request at SRUC. See you there. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 07:35, 23 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for making the change. I appreciate your efforts.
as-salamu alaykum, i hope you are doing well, i don't like my current username so i was wondering if i can change it to "hichseresht". I appreciate ur help. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Najafi20001 (talk) 03:25, 24 June 2020 (UTC)
0 contributions renames or vanishing
Hi! I have a question, about two types of situations that can be sometimes seen in a Queue.
- User has 0 contributions and requests a rename. Should we proceed or let him know to open up another account? Should we only proceed if a user wants to change his nickname because it contains private information?
- User has a small number of contributions (less than 100-200, most of them have their accounts open for at least a few years) and requests vanishing. En.wiki says here that courtesy vanishing is reserved for users in good standing and that it is discretionary and may be refused. Is there an established rule of thumb from which moment should we consider such applications? Cheers! Nadzik (talk) 09:50, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Nadzik,
- I see no issues granting renames to 0 contribution accounts. Creating a new account takes similar resources to getting renamed. See FAQs. Furthermore some users only create account for Wikipedia mobile apps and use it to sync list of article they want to read and in such situation creating a new account will lead loss of that synced data.
- First of all, low contributions doesn't mean that account is not in good standing. Good standing can be interpreted as no active block or series of blocks or user history of abusing rename. So as long as they do not have any of these issues we should accept such requests. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 10:12, 17 July 2020 (UTC)
Hi! What would you say about the request like that? User requests vanishing after a 10-year absence, most of his contributions are either vandalisms, own space edits or sandbox edits. Cheers! Nadzik (talk) 21:26, 19 July 2020 (UTC)