Welcome to my talk page!
|2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021|
|Users by language|
Renaming my username
Hi 1997kB, could you please rename my user to fbglv? The request is right now on hold. Is it possible to have the username all lowercase? Thank you very much. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fabio.galvagni (talk) 21:11, 3 January 2022 (UTC)
- @Fabio.galvagni: No for technical reasons first letter in usernames is always uppercase. So if you are ok with first uppercase letter, should I process the rename now? ‐‐1997kB (talk) 23:45, 3 January 2022 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
Can you please change my name? I pasted a different name than mine when I created the account. Could you please change my name to "Bogdan123456"? Thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bogdanel123456 (talk) 16:45, 12 January 2022 (UTC)
- Subhanshu Goel, CAS is already taken, please choose another name. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 04:07, 8 February 2022 (UTC)
Hello 1997kB, I would like to be renamed in "Count Juju". Hope this message finds you well. Best regards
Hello, we have reached a consensus on starting a local rename page on AzWiki. Is there any procedure for this? Although I looked at the Global rename policy, I didn't see a note about it. --Turkmen talk 18:46, 7 March 2022 (UTC)
- @Turkmen Nothing much but I would say just notify fellow renamers on Mailing List about the new page or maybe add it in header in Queue. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 07:10, 8 March 2022 (UTC)
- @Anonymous215915 Just to let you know that with renaming the existing edit will still remain attached to your account and taking that into account there is no point in vanishing as your current username is still very anonymous. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 13:37, 19 April 2022 (UTC)
- @Anonymous215915 not possible. Edit still will be with your account. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 13:45, 19 April 2022 (UTC)
- @Anonymous215915 Vanish request right after editing some caste related topic seems fishy to me. ‐‐1997kB (talk) 13:52, 19 April 2022 (UTC)
I'm a Miraheze, and I noticed that we have a with a username . Would you be able to confirm that this is your account (or not), by way of a reply?