The WikiText Transfer Protocol spec is fantastic. What's the status of this idea? Is it ready to be implemented, and if so, are there plans to do so? I don't know if I'll be able to become a full-fledged MediaWiki hacker/developer, but I'd be interesting in doing anything else I can to help this along. Savetheclocktower 17:44, 28 February 2006 (UTC)
- The basic thing is that its dead in favor of easier formats (ie, XML) to parse. (Wikitext is notoriously difficult to parse. Not to mention there are hundreds of XML parsers.) Not all of the details were fully worked out. A lot of ideas can be drawn from it, though.
- The newer XML stuff is tracked at bug 3450. --Astronouth7303 05:04, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
- Halló Astronouth7303! I will come back later ... See Special:Whatlinkshere/User talk:Astronouth7303. Best regards Gangleri | Th | T 22:16, 2005 May 2 (UTC)
Hello Astronouth7303. I am interested in finding out how to remove the "index.php" portion of the url in the address bar. Thank you, Shardsofmetal 19:29, 5 September 2005 (UTC)
- Basically, I modded Title.php so that it only generated name?arg=val format URLs. This seemed to cause problems with custom CSS/JS files (infinate redirects) that I was not able to resolve. Under 1.5, you can use $wgActionPaths instead. (see Title.php for usage.) If you are still interested, e-mail me (astronouth7303 at gmail dot com) --Astronouth7303 22:21, 7 September 2005 (UTC)
- It's not publicly accessable at the moment. I should note that it's just a hack and I never got it to work quite right. I haven't even tried it under 1.5. --Astronouth7303 22:31, 8 October 2005 (UTC)