And I got it all the time in the past few days that "HTTP error:
- It seems that www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov is not accessible from Toolforge:
$ hostname tools-sgebastion-08 $ nslookup www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov ;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 18.104.22.168, trying next server Server: 22.214.171.124 Address: 126.96.36.199#53 ** server can't find www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov: SERVFAIL
- The same command works fine on my PC. My guess is that the issue resides in the Toolforge's DNS or is a configuration problem on www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. In either case I don't think there is much that I can do to resolve it.
- P.S: Also tried Citoid. It fails with "We couldn't make a citation for you" error.
- Dalba 09:22, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
More citer bugs
Mostly citer has been pretty reliable. However, I thought I'd let you know of a few more DOIs that citer returns only an error. The same DOIs work on DOI Wikipedia Reference Generator, so I think we can conclude that these are citer bugs and not crossref problems.
- @Forbes72:, I just fixed and updated citer. Thanks for reporting the issue. Dalba 05:58, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
dead-url -> url status
Hi, thanks for the great tool, I love how it expands archive.org URLs (any chance for archive.is?); I just wanted to alert you that 'dead-url=yes' parameter has changed to 'url-status=dead'. Quuux (talk) 07:19, 19 September 2019 (UTC)