|Jc86035 is taking a short wikibreak and will be back on Meta soon.|
The Signpost: 28 October 2018
- From the editors October original: The Signpost is still afloat, just barely
- News and notes: WMF gets a million bucks
- In the media: Bans, celebs, and bias
- Discussion report: Mediation Committee and proposed deletion reform
- Traffic report: Unsurprisingly, sport leads the field – or the ring
- Technology report: Bots galore!
- Special report: NPP needs you
- Special report 2: Now Wikidata is six
- In focus: Alexa
- Gallery: Out of this world!
- Recent research: Wikimedia Commons worth $28.9 billion
- Humour: Talk page humour
- Opinion: Strickland incident
- From the archives: The Gardner Interview
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:23, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Your Community Wishlist Survey proposals
Thanks for participating in this year's survey! Unfortunately, you can make no more than three proposals. Please let us know what three you you'd like to keep, and we will Archive the others. From there, you can seek others to adopt your proposals, if you want. Sorry you weren't aware of this rule! And thanks for your understanding :) MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 14:51, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- @MusikAnimal (WMF): I'd like to wait until nearer the end of the proposal period, since it would be better if someone could take ownership of (part of) one of my proposals. Regardless, the proposals I would currently like to keep are Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Multimedia and Commons/Allowing upload, rendering and playback of MuseScore files, Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/Improvements to the Wikidata data model and user interface, and Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikidata/Improvements to the reliability of Wikidata. Jc86035 (talk) 14:59, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- Great, thanks for picking your favourites! I'm going to archive the others for the time being. What we don't want is to momentum and excitement to build on your other proposals, and then have no one to take ownership. Once you find adopters, we can certainly move them out of the archives (you'll have to ask us to do this for you, though). Thanks for your understanding! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 15:08, 30 October 2018 (UTC)