(copy of message on zh) Just to make things clear, OTRS is rather a place for the Chinese community to interact with people who have problems/issues/questions about Wikipedia and don't know how to solve them using the wiki. I believe it is an excellent tool to keep things in the right place and make sure that questions are being answered and seen by those who know the answer. For a chinese queue on OTRS, there is one thing we have to try first, is whether Chinese actually is supported by OTRS. I know the Japanese had problems with it. This said, seeing the number of spams we get with Chinese characters, I would argue that it is supported :-).
So here is how we can proceed:
- send me an email at delphine AT notafish DOT com with your name, email and preferred login. The policy on OTRS is to have real names to answer the emails. If you don't feel comfortable with that, you can make up a "real name" like John Doe, others have done it. But it will be associated with your email address for internal purpose.
- I'll make an account for you so you can look around OTRS and understand how it works and what it can do.
- If you still think it's a good idea to have a Chinese queue, then we can set up one, that can be advertised on this wiki in the relevant places.
- Then you can start making templates, that we will need to implement in OTRS to make answers quicker and easy.
- I might have to make you (or anyone interested) an admin to make this easier, but then, real name will be asked so that we know who we are giving those powers to. ;-).
Wikimedia Canada Chapter
I saw that you signed up as a participant. Would you be interested in helping to get the Chapter going? We're seeking approx. 10 members to help out get things rolling. Leave a note on the WM Can page or on my talk page. v:User:Historybuff 06:24, 11 April 2007 (UTC)