User talk:Mathias -Ahoy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nyhetsbrev nr. 25 fra Wikimedia Norge
Hello, here are the latest news from Wikimedia Norge!
- Wikigrants and news archive access
- December 1st is the deadline to apply for wikigrants from Wikimedia Norge. If you have an idea for a wiki-related project you'd like to do, but need some extra money to do it, you should apply! Anything goes as long as the end result benefits the Wikimedia projects.
- On the same date we will be dispersing access to the news archive Retriever for the period until May 20th, 2023. In Retriever, you can search the archives of 2,916 Norwegian news sources. Sign up on the list on Wikipedia if you're interested.
- Committee being put together
- How should we increase the number of members of Wikimedia Norge? We hope you would like to give us some input.
- The 2022 general assembly decided that a committee should be put together to find out how to incentivize members to join. The board of Wikimedia Norge has written a mandate to give the committee a good frame of reference. The committee will consist of members and other Wikimedians, as well as a representative from the administration, and will deliver a report to the board on January 15th, 2023.
- We encourage anyone who wants more info or wants to join the committee to get in touch with board chair Marie Nicolaisen by November 27th on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start-up help
- Do you know someone who wants to contribute to Wikipedia, but doesn't know where to start?
- On Wikipedia they can get a mentor, and there is a forum for new users. Now they can also meet an experienced Wikipedian "face-to-face" in an online event to get help live. Wikimedia Norge's start-up help will happen on the first Wednesday of every month. The first opportunity is December 7th, 19–20 CET.
- This is happening before Christmas
- Wiki meet-up: Tuesday November 22nd, 17:00–22:00 at Deichman Bjørvika, Oslo. Active contributors will meet up for a workshop and exchange of experiences. After the meet-up there will be a social meeting at nearby Døgnvill Burger.
- Start-up help: Wednesday December 7th, 19:00–20:00. Digital meet-up for new Wikipedians to get started.
- Christmas meet-up: Thursday December 8th we will meet at Dattera til Hagen in Oslo. Those who want to eat will meet at 17:00; there will be a quiz from 19:00 onwards.
Have you already paid your membership fees for 2022? If not, you can always do so by re-registering on this page.
This newsletter is posted by a bot. Leave feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe
Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) 13:51, 22 November 2022 (UTC)