- 1 OOUI 0.25.0
- 2 Getting started on Phabricator
- 3 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
- 4 SVG i18n
- 5 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
- 6 Global preferences ready for testing
- 7 User:HealthPhone
- 8 Template Wizard script available for testing
- 9 CodeMirror
- 10 Yahadzija deblock request
- 11 New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board
- 12 What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- 13 Vandalbots
- 14 Thanks!
- 15 Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania
Hi, thanks for adding it to Tech News. I talked to Volker, and this version had no changes that would change the look of the Wikimedia wikis for editors, so I removed it this time. He did take the opportunity to say there's a big visible change coming in OOUI 0.26.0 though, so we should add that one when the time comes. /Johan (WMF) (talk) 04:28, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
Getting started on Phabricator
As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.
For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:53, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Voting Phase
Hello once again! We are happy to announce that the steering committee election 2018 is now open for voting. Because you have joined the user group by 21 January 2018, you are eligible to vote. As mentioned under the instructions for voters, you can vote support for multiple candidates, at most one support for each candidate. Also, oppose votes are not allowed, but discussions are welcome on the talk page.
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group Steering Committee Election Results
Hello everyone! The steering committee election for the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group is finally over and the results you were patiently awaiting for is here! We had many great candidates with awesome skillsets and experience, unfortunately not everyone could make it to the final eight. We are grateful to all the candidates for stepping up and boldly throwing their hat in the ring. It was a difficult choice and they made it. Now, the results. The candidates who made it to the final eight are,
On behalf of the founding members, the TWL team and the user group members, we congratulate the candidates on their successful run and welcome them to the committee. The steering committee and the founding members will soon meet to discuss the handover and next steps of the user group. Thank you--MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:56, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
Global preferences ready for testing
I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.
- Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
- Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
- Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
- Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Spanish Wikipedia, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
- Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations
Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.
- spam--Shizhao (talk) 01:57, 13 March 2018 (UTC)
Template Wizard script available for testing
Hello. I'm contacting you because you voted for the Infobox Wizard in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.
The Infobox Wizard has gotten an upgrade - it's now a Template Wizard which works for infoboxes and all other templates. The feature is being developed as an extension (which will allow for localization) but there is a prototype user script which works well.
The Wishlist Team would love it if you could take a few minutes to try the Template Wizard prototype script out and give us feedback on whether it lives up to your expectations. This feedback will help build the script into an extension. To get started, add the following to your Special:MyPage/common.js -
The Template Wizard will show up as a puzzle-piece icon in the 2010 WikiEditor. You can click on the icon to insert a template. Your thoughts are needed on whether it makes sense for the wizard to be available for all users by default or if there should be a preference for it. If it's a preference, what should the default be? Please leave your feedback here. Thank you! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:41, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
Yahadzija deblock request
It is the time for user Yahadzija amnestion, as well as deblocking. All of apelantes for blockade, were included his/her articles at least tvo years ago. I suggest the positive activity and revision of previously comments on global ban...Amaro Rodrigez (talk) 18:53, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
New Tech Ambassadors Phabricator board
You have listed yourself as an active Tech Ambassador, thank you for that!
We have recently set up a board on Phabricator so that you can learn about tasks and updates that are potentially interesting for your community, and take action when necessary. During the pilot phase we are currently in, to avoid confusion, only Wikimedia Foundation's Community Liaisons will mark tasks so that they end up in the various columns. Thanks for your understanding!
Please follow this Phabricator board (learn how to). You'll receive "notifications" for updates in all tasks listed there. In case you choose to receive them as email; we currently expect the volume to be fairly low, but in any case you can learn how to manage it.
If you have any feedback about this board, please leave your questions and comments on the Ambassadors talk page.
What's new from the Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- The steering committee invites you to participate in this poll to help the committee plan activities this year.
- The committee decided to use the librarieslists.wikimedia.org and has started making announcements on the list. Please join the list for future announcements and for internal discussions and communications.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (May 14-15, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,
Wikimedia and Libraries User Group updates and Wikimania
If you are attending Wikimania,
- Bring your books! You can participate in the book swapping we have planned, and swap/leave your books on the table. More details here
- WLUG meetup. We'll be mingling with other librarians/Wikibrarians/activists at the Birds of a Feather Lunch: GLAM and Heritage Birds of a Feather Lunch on July 21st, 13:00 to 14:00 in the London room. Come, join us!
- For your convenience and scheduling purposes, we've put together a list of Wikimedia and library-related events in Wikimania that might be of interest to you, with time and venue.
Bon voyage and have a wonderful Wikimania!
If you are not attending Wikimania, we have you covered too!
- Please help us plan activities for this year by sharing your suggestions on how to implement the top two ideas from the poll results. The discussion is open on the user group talk page.
- The latest meeting minutes of the steering committee meeting (June 28-29, 2018) is now available on Meta.
On behalf of the steering committee,