User talk:Tristessa de St Ange
Have you got anything in common with Richard Turnbull from Dunvegan Isle of Skye ????
I am user:Walter from Wikizine. I offer you, like all the other candidates, the opportunity to send me statement of around 300 words that I will send to the subscribers of wikizine. For more information see Wikizine/election 2006.
Greetings, Walter 22:13, 23 August 2006 (UTC)
PS: yes, I know, I have send this to you before by email. But for reasons I do not wish to explain here in detail I think in this case is useful that I can prove that I have asked you this. Because of that this second message.
Board of Trustees elections
The Wikipedia Signpost, a community-newspaper in the English Wikipedia, is covering the Board of Trustees elections and will be featuring each of the candidates in next week's issue. As such, we would appreciate it if you would take some time to answer a few interview questions. Each candidate will be asked the same questions; by no means, though, feel obligated to answer any (or even) all of them, though we would greatly appreciate it if you did.
Some of the questions may be a bit redundant to the candidate information you have filled out already. This is both for convenience and for giving you the opportunity to expand on some of them a bit. However, we ask that you keep all responses brief, limiting them to no more than one or two paragraphs each.
You may leave replies to my English Wikipedia talk page, my meta talk page, or email them to me. I would appreciate it if responses are in on or before this Saturday, August 26; please have them in at the latest on Sunday the 27th in order for them to be included in Monday's issue.
As always, the Signpost reserves the right to re-distribute the questions and replies, shorten any responses if necessary, and take any other editorial action deemed appropriate.
- Your name:
- Your username most commonly used:
- Your current geographic location, along with your age:
- Projects with significant contributions (please both name the language and project, and link to your contributions)
- Do you have any rights (i.e. admin, bureaucrat) or positions (i.e. dispute resolution, CheckUser, etc.) on any of those projects? If so, which ones? When did you get elected or promoted for each one?
- Do you hold any universal rights (i.e. steward, etc.) for Wikimedia Projects? If so, since when?
- When did you first start contributing to Wikimedia projects? Why and how did you initially join?
- Briefly describe your career ("real-life"). How do you think this will help you be a successful Board member?
- Of all the candidates right now, why do you stand out from the field? What makes you the best candidate?
- A knowledge of several languages has been cited as a key requirement for a Board member. Do you speak any other languages other than English? Why do you think language is or isn't critical to the Board?
- What do you expect to do while serving on the Board? What are your expectations?
- What can you bring to the Board? What can you contribute to the Wikimedia Foundation?
- Describe the one issue that you think is most pressing and pertinent to the Foundation right now, and how you would approach the situation.
- What is your vision of the Board in the Foundation heirarchy? How do you feel about the current leadership?
- As a Board member, you will be serving as a representative of the communities. Do you think you can represent the community and understand its concerns? Why?
- What do you think of the Wikimedia Foundation and its mission in general? If you could change one thing about the running of the Foundation, what would you change?
- If elected, can and will you devote the appropriate time and other resources needed to serve on the Board?
- Have you ever attended Wikimania or any other meetup? What role do you think these meetups play?
- Please list (and link) any other pages where you have gotten questions and comments pertaining to the Board elections; we are compiling all of the questions and would appreciate this.
- What would you say to a potential voter who is undecided right now?
- Is there anything else you would like to mention?
Board of Trustees elections
Hello! This is just a friendly reminder that responses to the "interview" questions for the Wikipedia Signpost are due soon. The important message and questions were left on your meta talk page. If you have not already done so, please kindly take a look at them, and we would appreciate your reply as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Flcelloguy (A note?) 01:59, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
Hi! The new Board member is expected to attend a Board meeting in Frankfurt 20-23 October, so you are highly expected to aim to keep these dates free or book time off work in case you are successful in your bid to be on the Board. Jon Harald Søby 14:54, 29 August 2006 (UTC)