|Yearly reports: 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 (draft)|
This is a report of activities of Wiki Project Med Foundation for 2019. It is not a complete list of everything we have done this year but represents a highlight of our work. The compiling of this report — like much that we do — has been a group effort, and we encourage involvement by further individuals within the wider membership.
- 1 Collaborations
- 2 Outreach
- 3 Content distribution
- 4 Awareness
- 5 Administration
- 6 Financials
- 7 Previous reports
World Health Organization
National Institutes of Health / Center for Disease Control
- We have collaborated with NIOSH, WHO International Society of Audiology among others to host a World Hearing Day Edit-a-thon on March 3 2019. Received some press here.
- NNML edit-a-thon
- Edit-a-thon at McMaster University Library in Collaboration with Cochrane.
We have begun working with Rotary International. In early 2019 they purchased 50 units of Internet-in-a-Box to distribute to their projects in India.
Wiki Project Med Foundation is involved in both coordinating develop of and funding of VideoWiki.
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Coordinating Health space
- Global health in the age of open access information, a February 2019 presentation at the National Federation of Advanced Information Services
- Wiki Loves Pride, a June 2019 wiki editing event at Metropolitan Museum of Art was a general New York City-based event for LGBT+ topics and featured local health organizations promoting LGBT+ health editing
- Super Awesome Science Show Mar 18th, science in translation.
- Our work was mentioned on Global News after a pod cast on the Super Awesome Science Show.
Application to become a Thematic Organization
Elections to the Board
- (Tech) Feb 17th 2019 $80 USD payment to User:Fz-29 for writing a bot for moving references out of infoboxes on Wikipedia (as they break the translation tool)
- (IIAB) Feb 24th 2019 $2885.40 CAD payment to HiPi industries for Raspberry Pi Zero W boards (160 units)
- (Tech) May 5th 2019 $580.00 USD payment towards programming costs of VideoWiki (to User:Hassan.m.amin)
- (Tech) May 30th 2019 $850.00 USD payment towards programming costs of VideoWiki (to User:Hassan.m.amin) via Preetam Hegde/Pratik Shetty