Multilingual error messages finally implemented !
Now, we just hope not to see these messages too often...
There are currently nine active Wikimedia projects. "Language count" below refers to the number of languages with at least five articles.
- Wikipedia (encyclopedia, since January 2001): 189 languages, 53816 editors, 1.8M articles, 30.5M internal links 
- English : 433781 users, 729767 articles
- German : 128291 users, 289025 articles
- Japanese : 28113 users, 140986 articles
- French : 39351 users, 161792 articles
- Wiktionary (dictionary/thesaurus, since December 2002): 161 languages, 1585 editors, 311 K articles 
- Wikiquote (quotation collection, since July 2003): 84 languages, 841 editors, 20K articles 
- Wikibooks (textbook/manual collection, since July 2003): 118 languages, 1874 editors, 20K articles 
- Wikinews (news portal, since November 2004): 13 languages, 456 editors, 7,500 articles 
- Wikisource (primary source repository, since November 2003): 50 language portals, 457 editors, 28K articles/documents 
- Meta (Wikimedia coordination, since November 2001): 33 language portals, 1009 editors, 4.8K articles 
- Wikicommons (Media repository, since September 2004) : 938 editors, 17K articles, 60K media files 
- Wikispecies (Species directory, since September 2004) 77 editors, 5.5K articles