WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Campus Program Pilot - Pune
|This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.|
- 06:53, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
Review of the Campus Program Pilot in Pune
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
Presentation with Q&A
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
srikeit at gmail dot com
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Campus program pilot Fellow in Pune, English Wikipedia Admin, Wikimedia India Chapter member,
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
The Wikipedia India Education Program has been initiated by the Wikimedia Foundation to include Wikipedia editing in the higher education system in India. This is part of the larger Wikimedia Foundation global strategy to increase the editor base from the 'Global South' countries like Brazil and India.
The Campus program was pioneered by the Public Policy Initiative started in 2010-11 academic year in the US. The adapted program has been started in India through a Pilot program in Pune. Pune was selected for the large number of premier higher education institutes in the city with a high student density. Coinciding its commencement with the start of the 2011 June semester, the pilot has now been introduced in 3 institutes in Pune with over 1,000 students enrolled in the program. 
This presentation seeks to present the workings, learnings and experiences of the program and seek reflections and feedback from the community.
This presentation will bring out the basic building blocks of the pilot - especially in the context of a phased national roll out. The specific learnings are related to design large scale outreach programs and program management of such initiatives, . The presentation also seeks to bring out real life stories of the experience during the training and during editing.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
Yes. I have applied for a scholarship and will need it, especially the accommodation.
- Slides or further information (optional)