WikiConference India 2011/Submissions/Digitizing a Book using DjVu
|This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.|
- 16:06, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
Digitizing a Book using DjVu
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
India, Kerala, Thrissur
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (http://www.smc.org.in)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
DjVu is a open file format which used to easy digitizing in english wikisource. Unfortunately there is no good OCR support for Indian Languages. It's need to type the text manually. but we can use that djvu indexing method for effective collaborative digitizing task. In indian wikisources This technique is not effectively using. We started using that in Malayalam wikisource. I like to share the steps what we are doing.
Presentation Covers: Creating a DjVu file, Conversion (Windows, Linux),DjVu to text, Wikisource indexing, Page categorizing, Proofreading, Formatting, Displaying in wiki, status indicator, How to track a collaboration project.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)