This is an open submission for WikiConference India 2011.
- 13:31, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- Title of the submission
Educational evolution through wikimedia (Using wikipedia as an educational aid for all levels of education)
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, or presentation)
- Author of the submission
Capt. Vikash Kumar Thakur
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- State of your origin (Country, if you are not based in India)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (maximum 500 words)
Internet has brought a certain revolution in field of information and education. Wikimedia on other hand moved one step forward by providing free information resource. Its time we could increase our reach and improve wikipedia to a level where it can be used as an authentic educational aid from primary to tertiary education as well as to professional courses. In a country where remotest corners are now getting connected via internet, it can provide valuable information which might not be available in books distributed there. Topics can be represented in a manner that they are easily understood, still elaborated and applicable to the studies of person reading them, be it a fifth grade student or a person pursuing engineering. There are also some courses like 'aviation studies' in which books are too costly and less distributed, wikipedia can serve as a cheap alternative. So lets give this a thought and take steps towards making wikipedia a complete educational tool.
- Track (Community/Knowledge/Outreach/Technology)
- Will you attend Wikiconference if your submission is not accepted?
Will be glad to attend even if proposal is not accepted
- Slides or further information (optional)