Please make sure to log in to Wikimedia Meta before creating your Proposal. If your submission is selected, we will contact your Wikipedia account so make sure your Username is correct.
- Title of the submission
Gender Gap in Wikipedia: The India Context
- Your Username (For the submission author)
- Type of presentation
- Abstract (in about 300 words)
In this paper presentation I'm briefly discuss about gender gap in Wikimedia and why outreaches failed to attract women to Wikimedia. Mainly this presentation talks about creating awareness for Wikimedia and encourage the people especially women to innovate their ideas/thoughts in Wikimedia projects.
Topics I'm going to concentrate in,
- Why women are not participating in Wikimedia projects?
- Impediments they are facing while trying to contribute.
- Solutions to overcome this gender gap in Indian Wikimedia.
Please note that your submission is included as part of a panel related to the gender gap. You may need to work with other panelists to narrow your topic and share the time available in discussion with others in the panel.
- Your session has been scheduled for August 6, 2016 at 9 a.m: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs Do take a look at the Notes at the bottom of the Programs page. We expect that content not be repeated across presentations. There will be a session chair, and time has to allocated for discussion with the audience. Please get in touch with me for further session co-ordination. rohini at riseup dot net. -- Rohini (talk) 09:01, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
Interested attendees and comments