Wikimedia Armenia invites you to take part in the Conference and encourage you to submit proposals for presentations, panels, roundtables, tutorials, workshops, posters demonstrations, etc. - we want to hear your ideas!
The deadline for all proposals is July 31!
- Proposal submission start date - June 15, 2013
- Deadline for all proposal submissions - July 31, 2013
- Announcement of selection - August 15, 2013
- Conference dates - October 5 - 6, 2013
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to, the following major topics:
- Wiki-community, its culture and achievements
Possible topics: Armenian Wikipedia - where we are, and where we are going; The wiki-community, and the carries of its culture
- Content and development
Possible topics: Digitalization of available printed materials; the Armenian Soviet Encyclopedia and its usage in Wikimedia projects; veracity of Wikipedia, cooperation with other Wikimedia chapters and wiki-projects; editing automation
- Cultural and educational outreach
Possible topics: Wiki technologies in the Education system; GLAM projects (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums); Wiki loves monuments
- Short presentation (15 min)
- Longer presentation (25 min)
- Workshops (length to be part of the proposal)
- Poster demonstration
- General overview of editing in wikipedia
- Uploading images
- GLAM roundtable
- Automation (bots)
The registration application shall include:
- Short bio of the submitter,
- Contacts details,
- A short proposal for presentation, workshop, etc.
We can provide participants of the conference (presentation/workshop holders) with accomodation in a hostel or guesthouse. In some cases we will also be able to (partially) cover your travel costs.