WikiDonne was officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee on November 7th, 2016. During its first year of life, the User Group worked to address the gender gap, both in content and participation. Our User Group arrives at 83 members, was written or improved more than 630 articles, organized on line and in person editathons and contests, started international collaboration with other Wikimedia projects and cultural entities in Italy (museums, libraries, local authorities).
- Women and disability, online edit-a-thon to write about women and disability.
- Women in healthcare, online edit-a-thon to write about women in medicine, nursing, psichology.
- Nordic women, online edit-a-thon to write about women from North Europe countries.
- Olympic champions, Hispanic and latinas women and Women from New Zeland on line editathon.
- Interwiki Women (permanent on line international collaboration ideated at Wikimania 2017 with Arminé and Andrea, to write about women in Italy, Armenia and Argentina) and international online campaign.
- Women in dance 2017, Women in music 2017 and Women from India 2017 on line editathon.
- Women on MET collection, Wiki Loves Pride 2017 and Pre XX century women on line editathons.
- Women in Psychology, Book artists international edit-a-thons.
- Women in Education, on line edit-a-thon about women in education.
- Women in Philosophy on line edit-a-thon, about women in phylosophy and teology.
- Women in Aviation e Women in the Military on line edit-a-thon about women in aviation an in the military.
- Women Scientists on line edit-a-thon about women in science.
- Women in Food & Drink online editathon about women chef and women in food & drinks industry.
- Women in Architecture and Women in Archaeology online editathon about women in architecture and archaeology.
- In person Día de las Escritoras 2016 edit-a-thon organized in six cities: Potenza, Florence, Rome, Venice, Naples, Bologna.
- Online edit-a-thons Women in Nursing and Women Labor Activists.
- Online participation to the edit-a-thon Her Story, a global writing project on Wikipedia, held on International Youth Day (August 12, 2016) organized by the community of Wikipedia and supported by UN Women. The main event will be held at the UN headquarters in New York, accompanied by many other local events (including a virtual editathon), aimed at promoting Wikipedia's content on gender gap.
Courses to schools / universities
- Gramatics and sexism (GeS). Tor Vergata University, October 4th, 2016
- Path of equity in Wikipedia, J.Joyce high school in Ariccia (RM), October 26th, 2016
- Approccio wiki nella scuola, IC Palombini, November 19th, 2016
- Molise's University of Studies, March 9th 2017
- Education with Wikipedia, ITS G. Cuppari Jesi, April 27th 2017
- Wikipedia and female genre, ITC Gentili di Macerata, April 28th 2017
Courses to female associations
Courses to female associations about editing Wikipedia / WikiDonne and more generally about stereotips, path equity, women and new tecnologies, social media, women's security on Internet, risks and opportunities of the web, education, trainig and work for women, free licenses.
- 4 courses about base of editing in Wikipedia to Toponomastica Femminile Association
- Open licenses in Wikipedia - GFDL e Creative Commons. Workshop to "Toponomastica Femminile" Association, Roma, July 15-17th, 2016
- Gender gap and enciclopedic culture, course on base of editing in Wikipedia to Society of Historian Women (SIS)
- 1 course on base of editing in Wikipedia to Genre Citizenship Committee Association
Linux Day & Coder Dojo
- Let's wiki, Linux Day 2016
- Wikipedia and BLP, Linux Day 2017
- Coder Dojo for parents for Safer Internet Day 2016
- La mujer que nunca conociste 2017, in collaboration with WikiMujeres.
- Concorso "Sport femminile", to write articles about women in sports.
- Women in the CEE Countries, #100womendays international on line editathons, part of #100wikidays.
- 100wikidays, to write for 100 days without stop articles in Wikipedia, Wikiquotes, Wikidata, Wikinews etc or upload files in Commons.
We created the Feminism portal, to put together all topics about feminism (movements for social and political rights, feminist phylosophy and teology femminista, feminism related personalities).
- WikiDonne a Bologna, at Illustrated violence Festival in Bologna to write about violence against women.
- WikiDonne a Genova, at Female Eccelence Festival in Genova to talk about the bases of Wikipedia and how to write articles about violence against women.
- Art + Feminism 2017 in person editathon in six cities: MAXXI Museum in Rome, Milan, Battipaglia, Ca' Foscari University in Venice, Uffizi Museum in Florence, Archaelogical Museum in Potenza.
- BBC 100 Women in person edit-a-thon in Rome, at Women International House.
- 1day1woman, international permanent edit-a-thon started with 1day1woman to write a female biografy every day.
- LeImprescindibili. We created a survey to find 25 female biographies of italian women in Wikipedia everyone should know about. With these biographies, using the functionallity Create a book we created a pdf available to free download.
- Interwiki Women, permanent edit-a-thon started with Jaluj and Armineaghayan to write about women from Armenia and Argentina.
International conferences / hackathons
- WikiWomenCamp 2017 - Mexico City, 5-9th 2017.
- Wikimania 2017 Montreal Hackaton - August 9-13th 2017. Creation of a new module into Dashboard tools to trace only the articles assigned to the partecipants in an event.
- CEE Meeting 2017 - Varsaw, September 22-25th, 2017
- WikiFemHack 2017 - Thessaloniki, October 7th 2017 (hangout).
- Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017 in Stockholm, November 3-5th 2017.
- (Italian) Come registrarsi su Wikipedia (How to do the registration)
- (Italian) Come effettuare una traduzione (How to do a translation)
- (Italian) Art + Feminism - Lezione introduttiva.pdf (Introductory Lesson, translation), 2016
- (Italian) Art + Feminism - Lezione avanzata.pdf (Advanced Lesson, translation), 2016
- WikiDonne Mapping Days. Starting with 3 names in our list of LeImprescindibili - Maria Montessori, Artemisia Gentileschi and Nilde Iotti, plus other 3 ancient roman women like Ortensia, Beatrice Cenci and imperor Flavia Giulia Elena, we created (using the app Mappi[NA] and OSM) a map of places where this women were born, lived, did public spech, died and had the grave. At the end of this mapping day we inserted 16 locations in a kind of storytelling about their life in Rome that could be see here.
- We discussed the snd and 3rd cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy and we endorse the direction Strategy.
- We created rules and established scores to use in future contest, considering the gender perspective.
- Putting together the WMF and MediaWiki CoCs, we adopted our Code of Conduct.
- Using our experience, we created a guide to use when an event it has to be organized.
- Using the WHGI tool, we obtain some metrics about gender gap in italian Wikipedia. Was also a way to understand and calculate our contribution.
Press review (extract)
- Wikimania’17 Hackathon begins!, Sejal Khatri, Medium, August 10th, 2017
- WikiDonne, openness e innovazione, Sonia Montegiove, Tech Economy, November 10th, 2017
- Colmare il gender gap su Wikipedia. Voci alle donne, Silvia S. G. Palandri, InGenere, January 17th, 2017
- Art + Feminism, una maratona-evento per Wikipedia. Nuove voci sulle donne nell’arte, Helga Marsala, Art Tribune Roma
- Maxxi e Uffizi, maratona 'Art+Feminism', ANSA
- Maxxi e Uffizi, maratona 'Art+Feminism', Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno
- Radio Company
- Donne e arte: maratona globale di scrittura su Wikipedia, Libero
- Donne e arte: maratona globale di scrittura su Wikipedia, In Dies
- Art + Feminism: la maratona di scrittura su Wikipedia per far conoscere le donne artiste, Carlotta Tosoni, Art Special Day
- Art+Feminism: maratona di scrittura al femminile a Battipaglia, Carmen Della Mura, Medianews24.it
- Battipaglia ospiterà Wikipedia Art+Feminism di Chiara Feleppa su NeroSuBianco.eu
- Art + Feminism maratona globale di scrittura su Wikipedia, MiBAC
- Art + Feminism, più donne su Wikipedia, Arte Sky
- Art + Feminism: per la prima volta in più città in Italia la maratona globale di scrittura su Wikipedia che vede protagoniste donne e arte, AISE
- Is Wikipedia forgetting women?, SBS
- Nuove voci al femminile, CQ 24
- Arriva al MAXXI la maratona globale di scrittura su Wikipedia che vede protagoniste donne e arte, Fondazione MAXXI
- Art+Feminism Editathon: Female Writing Marathon on Wikipedia, Gli Uffizi
- Donne e arte: alla carica di Wikipedia, Girl Geek Life
- Art + Feminism: donne che raccontano le donne, Arte
- Perché è fondamentale coinvolgere sempre più donne nella comunità Wikipedia, Motherboard
- Art + Feminism: pittrici lucane su Wikipedia, TRM
- HerStory: io wikipedio, e voi? Partecipiamo a ri/scrivere la storia taciuta delle donne
- Laboratorio di Wikipedia Italia - sezione WikiDonne , Linguistica generale e sociolinguistica 2A e, Linguistica generale LM
- 11 donne lucane per 11 scrittrici e poetesse di Basilicata, Il Mattino di Foggia e provincia
- Scrittrici e poetesse lucane in Wikipedia, Biblioteca Provinciale di Potenza
- Editathon sulle scrittrici 2016, BNN
- La mujer que nunca conociste, April 8th 2017