WikiForHumanRights 2021 in Tunisia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the writing challenge to write about human rights, environmental health and diverse communities impacted by environmental issues around the world!
- What: This is a public writing competition to create ,improve articles and to encourage Wikimedia's to write about Human Rights into as many languages as possible. The list of articles to focus on has been provided by the local organizers of the challenge in Tunisia. Winners will receive prizes.
- When: The writing challenge is held from 00:01 on 15 April (GMT+1) until 23:59 on 31 May 2021 (GMT+1).
- How: The contest is simple in structure: Select articles to work on → A qualified jury will evaluate your work based on the size of the articles, the references and the photos within the article → Get awarded for your contribution!
- Who: Everybody can help to collaborate on writing and/or translating the articles related to human rights, environmental health in the three languages of the contest (Arabic, French and English). Any Wikipedian with a named account (on any wiki) can participate. To participate you need to sign up on the Participants section.
- Why: The contest is organized by Wikimedia Tunisia in cooperation with Wikimedia Foundation and Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Wikipedia is missing articles about all kinds of topics, and through this contest we hope to improve articles that are related to the “right to a healthy environment” which is the theme of WikiForHumanRights in 2021. Improving Wikipedia's articles and coverage around the right to a healthy environment is important to ensure that our readers find high-quality information.