WikiIndaba conference 2019/Submissions/Growing and Sustaining African Developers for the Wikimedia Movement
- Submission no. 016
- Title of the submission
Growing and Sustaining African Developers for the Wikimedia Movement
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Number of volunteer developers are gradually increasing in the Africa region and within movement affiliates on the continent. However there is a growing need to foster a retention or create forums where developers can be engaged further. The growth and the interest in creating developer communities also creates the need to train developer mentors and trainers on the continent to ensure the sustenance of these developers.
This presentations seeks to share ways that communities can prepare prospective participants before and after each AWMD training. It will also highlight the processes of recruitment currently used as well as suggest additional ways to ensure retention of these developers.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Will be included prior to conference.
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).