WikiIndaba conference 2019/Submissions/WikiProject KhoiSan: A Proposal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no. 049
- Title of the submission
- WikiProject KhoiSan: A Proposal
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lightning talk.
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- South Africa
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- South Africa has 11 official languages, but also some unofficial ones and one of the largest is also spoken in some neighbouring countries. This is Nama, which is of the KhoiSan group. of which most languages are extinct. Nama does not even have a Wikipedia. However, many (perhaps most) people of mixed ethnicity in South Africa trace their roots to KhoiSan groups and are in need of more information about the history, languages and cultures of these groups.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- They will learn about a proposed project and have a chance to make suggestions.
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- If I am assisted.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Draft
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).