WikiIndaba conference 2019/Submissions/Wikipedia Education Program: What can be done differently in the African perspective.
- Submission no. 047
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia Education Program: What can be done differently in the African perspective.
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
Raphael Berchie/ Edith Violet Naisubi
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Open Foundation West Africa/Ashesi Wiki Club
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
OFWA conceptualized the idea of having the first Wikipedia Education Program in Sub-Saharan Africa. This translated in the commencement of the WEP at Ashesi University and concurrently the Ashesi Wiki Club. Beyond this there are other WEP partnerships which are being finalized and at different stages.
This presentation seeks to share insight about the WEP using the Ashesi WEP and Wiki Club as a case study. This will also shed more light on other WEP OFWA is currently formalizing including remote WEP management. This session will also expose participants
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will learn about the Wikipedia Education Program and how it has been contextualized in the African way. This will also show them how to start a Wiki Club.
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Youssefbhy (talk) 09:47, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Mounir Touzri (talk) 15:37, 10 October 2018 (UTC)
- --Gereon K. (talk) 09:36, 25 October 2019 (UTC)