|Status of the proposal|
|Reason||No support other than proposer, and no discussion other than proposer in 2 years.--GZWDer (talk) 12:21, 10 February 2017 (UTC)|
This is a proposal for a wiki to keep track of the current major trends in our world. Trends can technological, eg rise and democratisation of UAVs, societal, eg disapearance of languages, ecological, eg jelly fish blooms, etc... any topic that covers a trend that has long term consequences for our world and that will shape the future of humanity.
- be categorized, eg technology, science, etc... taxonomy to be defined
- include at least one wiki page to describe the trend
- link to articles, labs, people, stakeholders at large...
- provide a "roadmap", with the trend's major milestones (dated, with a range of confidence and assumptions used).
- provide a summary of the impact of the trend on humans, societies, animals, the planet, etc... benefits to be expected, threats, consequences, extent of the trend (who does it impact).
- where relevant, provide link to other trends
- provide "badges" for the trends, eg "hot", "major", "high impact", "worldwide". These badges could be based on community votes (TBC).
- offer a "tracking" button, so to be notified of major updates of the trend (eg roadmap changes).
The roadmaps are a key feature of the wiki, and the wiki should provide a way to visually aggregate the roadmaps into one so as to see how the trends will eventually interlock with each others.