WikiWomen's User Group/WikiWomxn Meet Up for Movement Strategy
WikiWomen's User Group is hosting all Women/Womxn at a movement strategy prioritization event dubbed Wiki Womxn Meet Up for the Wikimedia Movement Strategy Implementation. The purpose of this meeting is to get prepared for global conversations to identify priorities for movement strategy implementation in 2021 and to plan the next steps.
As you may know, the Movement Strategy recommendations were finalized back in May of this year. Without the possibility of working in person, the next steps had to take place online. The recommendations were written over two years by many Wikimedians, including some of you. As a result, there are many initiatives and actions and the movement has been asked to decide which ones should be prioritized for implementation in 2021.
It is now time for women/womxn communities to gather and discuss what we should work on together in 2021, starting with this call. Start thinking about:
- What is work that we are already doing that is aligned with Movement Strategy?
- What are priorities for women/womxn's communities in 2021?
- What are things we should all work on globally?
Looking forward to having this discussion with you to help shape the future of our movement as we envision it.
We do require assistance with documentation of the conversations and translations. Anyone interested should reach out to me.
Stella Sessy Agbley (SAgbley)
- Date/time: Saturday, November 14, 2020, at 16:00 - 18:00 UTC
- Special guest: Katherine Maher
- Friendly space policy
- Meeting ID: 853 7240 6480
- Passcode: 340413
- Priority recommendation (1 of 3)
- To Be Determined
- Priority initiatives (from recommendation 1 of 3)
- Priority recommendation (2 of 3)
- Priority initiatives (from recommendation 2 of 3)
- Priority recommendation (3 of 3)
!Priority initiatives (from recommendation 3 of 3)
There will be global conversations happening on November 21+22 and December 5+6, 2020 to bring these priorities together.