Wiki Education Expansion Campaign India, 2019/Initiative and Events/Organ Talk: Health Awareness Activity
The students of two schools where Punjabi Wikimedians are starting the Education Program in 2019 have been invited by Head, Department of Anatomy, PGIMER, Chandigarh to the Scientific Program of 12th I.J. Dewan Memorial Workshop on "Organ Talk: Time to take Prevention"which is a workshop cum awareness program on health education. There will be six stations, in which demonstrations on various normal and diseased organs along with various posters will be given by the department faculty and teaching staff.
This experience will give students the practical exposure to conditions like liver cirrhosis due to alcohol, damaged lungs due to smoking, osteoporotic bones, brain with extradural hematoma due to head injury, fatty deposits in heart due to junk and fatty food, ill effects of excessive use of mobile phones with interactive posters and actual specimens.
This will be a two day program-
- On Day 01, students will be taken to PGIMER, Chandigarh for the sessions.
- On Day 02, the edit-a-thon will be organized at their respective schools.
SEABA International Public School, Lehragaga
SD Public School, Sangrur
Dates: 31 July - 1 August 2019
Number of Participants= 60 (50 students + Teachers/Wikimedians)
Rental Bus Charges= 16500 INR
Snacks= 5000 INR
- Practical exposure and awareness to students of Wiki Education initiative
- Specimen images for commons
- Content creation on Wikipedia
- A new initiative to engage students
- Contemporary educational activity for students
- Initiation of collaboration with the partner institute