Wiki Expedition Dimitrovgrad - Dragoman 2015/Wrap-up
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notes from the wrap-up session
Things you like Things you didn't like What do you want to happen in the future
- Spasimir: Similar cooperations are very helpful for all sides and it's great to carry on with such initiatives.
- Plamen: I didn't have problems with internet. This cooperation was a must do, we need to repeat it.
- Maya: Meetings are a matter of time, schedule, money, flexibility
Ideas for improving the expedition next year
- Transportation, logistics
- Salle: I didn't like too much crossing the border. Next time we can consider coming by cars, because buses are processed on a more slowly line. In the application we can add the question about being a driver and being able to come with your own car.
- Jovana: agrees with Salle about the border problem. It would be much better to find cities a little bit farther from the border, but with more choices of accommodation (better internet connection, available meeting venue)
- Vassia: To have the whole expedition in just one country at a time, for smoother logistics, not crossing the border too often and not waste time for travelling so much. Two expeditions per year, but each concentrated on one locality.
- Larger or smaller groups
- Marija: Pros and cons of getting everywhere together or separating in smaller groups.
- Salle: we can separate in groups, and then meet in a meeting hall in the evenings, to share what each group has covered.
- Marija: To have in the plan one "star" - a place where everybody would like to go, but for other locations to have people separated in groups.
- Do more mixing
- Ivana: Do more mixing, to exchange experience, sharing good stories.
- Vassia: We have some cultural differences which we need to better integrate (e.g. smoking on the table :) )
- Interaction with local communities
- Ivana: Ask local Wikipedians and local people to provide lectures, guided tours, talk with people from local libraries and museums
Ideas for next locations
- Vidin - Zajchar
- Tran - Bosilegrad
Ideas for new topics of cooperation
- "Wildlife of Swamps" - Marta from Balkani, cooperations between students in biology
- Engaging students
- Maya: engaging students in biology, history, art
- Vassia: and literature (articles about Bulgarian and Serbian writers, about translators from BG to SR and from SR to BG, about notable literary works)
- Engaging people who cannot participate
- Engage people who cannot come, at least be assigned to be competition Jury members, to host local workshops, etc.
- Cooperation with the national archives
- Wikimedians of Bulgaria UG will share translated version of their Agreement with the Bulgarians Archives State Agency
Channels of communication
- Vassia: Let us keep our Facebook event active a bit more, to keep in contact there, so that we finish our work.
- Vassia: Let us have all participants in the Facebook group of Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe, a lot of important regional announcements are made there.
- Ivana: Please, upload all the photos and write the articles related to the event which we couldn't do due to the problems with the internet. When we return to Sofia / Belgrade, we should organize a follow-up meeting with our communities.
- Ivana: Our immediate goals are:
- Finish our articles: Wiki Expedition Dimitrovgrad - Dragoman 2015/Articles
- Upload our articles: c:Category:Wiki Expedition Dimitrovgrad - Dragoman 2015
- Update the Meta page
- Fill in the evaluation form