Welcome to the Wikipedia writing contest around the women wellbeing issues!
- This is month long edit-a-thon for women by women where different Indian Communities and Maithili Communities of Nepal are coming together for a joint cause of creating content related to women health issues and also to explore women leadership. As a part of the edit-a-thon, there are also several offline events being organised.
- The writing challenge will run from 00:01 1 October to 23:59 31 October 2018 (UTC+05:30).
- In the following sections you can find the respective page for the local event pages on local Wikipedias. Please go to the page, and signup yourself as a participant, and start creating/improving articles from this list.
- Everybody can help in any language to collaborate by improving and/or translating articles related to women health. Any Wikipedian with a registered account (on any wiki) can participate. To participate you just need to sign up on the participants page. The outreach coordinator can be anyone interested in organizing the offline activity but the organizers are the women who have been involved in this project from the planning stage.
- We want to work on creating content related to serious women health issues. Along with this, the event is an attempt to give hands-on training to interested women Wikimedians to explore their leadership potential. We will use the lessons learned to continue with more initiatives in future! Help us make this a success!