Wiki World Heritage User Group/WWH Coordinator
Wiki World Heritage is looking for a coordinator who will be in charge of the following projects and activities:
- WHintangible project: This project aims to document UNESCO Intangible cultural heritage (music, food, dances, traditions, etc.) through the following campaigns: A video contest on Wikimedia Commons, a writing contest on Wikipedia, and 5 local editathons in collaboration with other Wikimedia user groups.
- Wiki Heritage Hour: A monthly videocast that aims to connect Wikimedia volunteers with Heritage professionals, promote the achievements of the wiki community in documenting the World Heritage and provide a space for ideas sharing and collaborations developing. Each month, an interview will be conducted with one or more heritage professionals from relevant institutions and heritage advocates from the Wiki community.
- Communication and reporting: Ensuring the reporting and promotion of the group projects and activities on Meta, WWH website and social media channels.
The coordinator's responsibilities include the following:
Wiki Heritage Hour:
- Prepare the topics, source and contact the guests
- Prepare and host the "Wiki Heritage Hour" monthly videocast
Communication and reporting:
- Prepare and publish 2 weekly posts on the group's social media channels (Facebook / Twitter / Instagram), and blog posts on the group's website when needed (1 to 2 posts per month)
- Prepare the reports of board meetings and members meetings
- Prepare the mid-term report and the annual report
- Coordinate the preparation and implenetation of the project campaigns (1 video contest, 1 wiki contest, 5 editathons)
- Develop and implement an advertizing strategy for the project
- Ensure monthly reporting to the board
Allowance and Duration
- 9 months duration, starts on 15/04/2022, ends on 15/01/2023.
- 14.5 hours/week (=58 hours/month)
- Hourly rate: 20 USD/hour (=1160 USD/month)
Candidates should demonstrate the following skills:
- High English proficiency
- Excellent communication skills (Oral + Written)
- Good reporting skills
- Experience in campaigns organizing on Wikimedia projects (Outreach Dashboard, Wikimedia Commons contests)
- Good knowledge about Heritage related topics and institutions
N.B: The selected candidate should be legally authorized in their country of residence to provide an invoice for their paid services
How to apply
If you are interested by this role, please send a motivation letter with the following :
- General presentation about yourself and your interest in this role
- Relevant experience (especially on Wikimedia projects)
- Your knowledge about Heritage and Heritage institutions
All applications should be sent to the following email: apply[at]wikiworldheritage.org
31/03/2022 at 23:59 AOE.