|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|Status||Closed (could be re-opened under new policy).|
|Reason||Old proposal for Wikidata. --Sannita (talk) 13:20, 18 September 2013 (UTC)|
|What is the proposed name for the project?||Wikidata/Archive/Wikidata (2)|
What is the project purpose? What will be its scope? How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|How many wikis?
Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?
|How many languages?
Is the project going to be in one language or in many?
If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?
Since a longer time, I often have to realize, that the view on different things by different people is - yes, different. So I must realize, that the meaning of what is "encyclopedic" to a lot of people is very different. Some say, lists of sportive events depending to Wikipedia, others say no. In the German Wikipedia this is often very disputed. So what could help? A Wiki were we can collect statistic things and lists like:
- Sport results
- Links lists
- Word lists
In German Wikipedia bibliographies in biographic articles unwanted (and that's good!), but these are informations, which are very important. Sport results and lists are the same. At de:WP we argue about lists of streets of a city, lists of mayors and so on.
A Project Wikidata would help here very much. It would be possible to start a single project, usable for all other projects like Commons - or better single language versions like Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikiquote, Wikisource etc. And I would believe, such a project would have much more success than projects like Wikiversity.
- User:Marcus Cyron - kenwilliams-1ATwebDOTde
- de:Wikipedia:WikiProjekt Vorlagenauswertung/en A project to analyse the variable values contained in the templates of wikipedia.
- en:Semantic MediaWiki Mediawiki-Extension to make a wiki readable for computers.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2010-08-09/Technology_report (A centralised "data wiki")
- Marcus Cyron
- Desalvionjr - I had this idea the other day, I am able to be an sysop for this project
- I like the name Wikilists more but I support this idea, too. --Morten Haan 19:33, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Mythstrott was going to propose this idea. Then I found it already existed. I fully support this.