Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Participation/Marajozkee
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- West Bengal Indic Wikimedian
- I am really fortunate that I was chosen to be a part Wikigraphists Bootcamp, as it introduced me to the graphical section of Wiki projects. I was not aware of the graphical aspects of Wiki projects and the magic of Vector graphics and its huge impact on Wiki Commons and Wikipedia. I will be using the skills that I had learnt from the bootcamp in converting of .jpeg and .png images in SVG and will take up requests in Graphics lab. I have registered my name as a graphic lab volunteer as well.
- I do have a plan to organize such camps online/offline and assist communities, already I had started planning about it.
- Apart from this I have translated around 6 more SVGs which can be seen in Translated SVGs by Marajozkee
- What worked well?
- Both online/offline sessions were curated nicely. Pre-online sessions before the main event of bootcamp were of great help.
- What didn't work well?
- All work well as it was well planned.
- What do you think could have been done better?
- The Workshop should have another one to two days as it’s a vast subject and hand-on practice was needed a bit more.
- A recommend the organizers to organise such knowledge workshops again, from where we have stopped.
- My heartiest congratulations to all and everyone, specially the organisers who designed and implement the same and without whom the workshop couldn’t had taken place.
- To conduct more such bootcamps on advanced topics of SVGs, that includes GIMP, Animation, etc and do make me a part of it.