Can everyone vote for their three least favourite, listed in any order... Any characters that 50% or more of voters dislike will be eliminated. Voting ends August 23rd. -- user:zanimum
- 1, 3, 10 -- user:zanimum
- 1, 3, 9 --Louisana 16:15, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
- 3,8,9,10,11 I know that's more than three but what the hell, we need to get moving on this. Let's list all those we aren't happy about. Theresa knott 16:24, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
I can't judge the entries fairly because #5 and #9's full versions have been deleted or were never uploaded properly. --user:Geoffrey 21:09, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
- You make a fair comment. But we need to be pragmatic over and above being fair. You can judge 5 by looking at the artist's deviant art page and seeing what he is capable of and what his style is. Theresa knott 22:04, 22 August 2005 (UTC)
- I've now uploaded the other pics. -- user:zanimum
OK not too many voters. Which is a bit dissapointing. But we really need to get going on this I think. Of the three people who did vote at least two didn't like 1,3,9,10. Now of those 3,9, and 10 don't have any positive comments at all and are I think highly unlikely to win. So I'm going to be bold and remove those three now. Theresa knott 23:11, 23 August 2005 (UTC)
- sorry, was out of town... I'd vote out numbers 4, 6, 8, (and 11 if I'm allowed 4 least favorites) not that they are badly drawn, just I don't think they are the best of the bunch.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to vote, but 1, 8 and 11 are my three choices. I agree with the comments made from previous posters. Between my own, I'd have to say that I like Nikki 5 more than Nikki 2. -Alexander Shen- 8/23/05
- Me neither, because I don't know if the other artists are aware of this votation. I don't know either if we are voting designs, or designs *and* artist's skill. We can always draw new Nikkis based on the designs of other artists. About the Nikkis, I would be happier if the chosen design is a bit more elaborated than 1, 2, and 6, though there are cases where the simplest, the better. DrJones 10:10, 24 August 2005 (UTC)
Sorry, should have clarified this earlier. As of what we're voting on currently, is mostly skill, with a secondary but important emphasis on design.
For example, I know that Azarath (4), Alexander Shen (2, 5), Carlos Hoyos Barceló (7), Daniel Nilsen (12), and Risk (13) have the skills to at least illustrate people properly, and I'm presuming they can do the same with environments and animals that will eventually be needed. With the four others, their talents need a little work.
What I planning to do, once we find the top three or five, that the artists will have a chance to submit Nikki/Kiki in a few sample poses. At that point, any of the artists who qualified can submit any additional variants they choose.
I've purposely not informed the other artists, we don't need a crowd of outsiders to slow our process down. (Those of you viewing the voting are being exemplry sports by the way, you're all being quite helpful in your comments, thanks.)
On to round two... Thanks for Theresa for being bold in editing the list of competitors down, I have no objections.
I've edited everyone's "least favourite" lists down to the remaining competitors.
- Alexander Shen: 1, 8, 11
- DrJones: 1, 2, 6
- Louisana: 1
- Theresaknott: 8, 11
- Zanimum: 1, 6, 8, 11
- anon, will research: 4, 6, 8, 11
If you're listed above, fill out the list to your four least favourites. Any design mentioned on 50% of the lists will be eliminated. You may change your votes from what we're starting off with, if you've changed your mind on any of them. -- user:zanimum
Pick your four least favourite designs. Remember it's both the skills of the designer, and their design that matters in your vote-- there will be more images of each Kiki/Nikki from each of the designers not eliminated in this round. You may change your votes listed below. New voters are always welcomed.:
- Alexander Shen: 1, 6, 8, 11
- DrJones: 1, 2, 6, 8
- Louisana: 1, 7, 8, 11
- Theresaknott:4,6, 8, 11
- Zanimum: 1, 6, 8, 11
- Pedant: 4, 6, 8, 11
- Risk: 1, 4, 6, 8
- hello: 1, 8, 11, 13
- Who are you? You're only two edits are on this page, and you're an anon... -- user:zanimum
- SV Resolution: 1, 8, 11, 5 (2005-08-29)
- Mindspillage: 1, 6, 8, 11 (new voters welcomed, eh? Just stumbling across this now)
- Andrevan: 2, 4, 6, 7
- Anthere: 6, 8, 11
Votes so far
1, 6, 8, 11 1, 2, 6, 8 1, 7, 8, 11 4, 6, 8, 11 1, 6, 8, 11 4, 6, 8, 11 1, 4, 6, 8 1, 5 8, 11, 13 1, 8, 11 1, 6, 8, 11 2, 4, 6, 7
as you can see, picture 1, 8 and 11 should be deleted. Picture 6 might be deleted. --Louisana 19:05, 29 August 2005 (UTC)
- Let's wait until Friday to count the eggs, though I doubt the results will differ too much. -- user:zanimum
Eight 1s, eight 6s, ten 8s, eight 11s. Each of these designs have more than half of the eleven voters against them, therefore, me must bid them each adieu. -- user:zanimum