Wikimédia France/Bourses Wikimania 2016
Wikimania is the annual conference about Wikimedia projects. In 2016, it will be held in Esino Lario (Italy), from 24 to 26 June. As every year, Wikimédia France will be giving away some scholarships to fund the costs of the trip (transportation, accomodation, registration).
In 2016, the scholarships will be funded with a budget of 5,550.00 EUR for Wikimédia France.
Applicants have to indicate in the form how much they need to cover their travel and/or accommodation expenses, and if they request a full or partial scholarship. The scholarship will be granted before the expenses, a difference between the expenses' quotes and the real expenses can be supported by the applicants.
Please note that the allocated scholarships may not cover the entirety of all the costs involved by the trip. If you're applying for a full scholarship, it means "Registration to Wikimania, transport and accommodation". Partial scholarships involve only some of these expenses. We recommend that you estimate your budget and plan any additional costs you might have to take care of. This can be a criterion to help you decide whether or not you should ask for a scholarship.
Any editor from a French-speaking Wikimedia project, and any volunteer from the French-speaking movement is eligible to apply for one of the scholarships available.
Your applications (written in English) must be sent to wikimania-2016-bourses(at)lists.wikimedia.fr by 29 April 2016 at 23:59 UTC +2.
They will then be forwarded to the Scholarship Allocation Committee, which will make its decision based on the following criteria (among other ones):
- Involvement within the movement and the Wikimedia projects;
- Proficiency in English (Ability to interact with the international community);
- How many wikimanias you attended before this one (at least one scholarship will be allocated to someone who never went to Wikimania)
You will be informed on the outcome in early May.
- Last name:
- First name:
- Nickname as an editor:
- Birth date:
- Do you have an up-to-date passport?
- Email address:
- Do you apply for a partial or full scholarship?
- How much will you need to cover the expenses related to the travel, and/or accommodation, and/or registration?
Involvement in the movement
- Wikimedia project(s) where you contribute:
- What have you achieved on the projects or the Wikimedia movement, throughout the past year?
- What have you achieved in the free-and-opensource organizations, throughout the past year?
- Are you involved to shape or develop a local group of contributors?
Involvement in Wikimania 2016
- Have you already attended a Wikimania? (if so, when?)
- Have you already attended a Wikimedia event this year? (if so, which one & when?)
- Do you plan to submit a talk?
- How have you heard about Wikimania?
- Why do you want to attend Wikimania 2016?
Commitments of the candidate:
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, pledges to actually come to Wikimania 2016,
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, pledges to share their experience in a way that will be defined later (eg. writing a report, a learning pattern, a blog post, etc.),
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, will be responsible for obtaining the visa and booking the registration, transport and accommodation"
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, is informed that outside this grant they will not be eligible to any complementary funding from Wikimédia France or any other organisation of the Wikimedia movement
Date, name and signature of the candidate