Wikimédia France/Bourses Wikimedia Hackathon 2017
The Wikimedia Hackathon is a major event that brings together developers from all around the world to improve the technological infrastructure of Wikipedia, particularly the MediaWiki platform on which it is based, and the Wikimedia code development.
In 2017, it will be held in Vienna (Austria) from 19 to 21 May. For more information, please refer to mw:Wikimedia Hackathon 2017.
Wikimédia France will be giving away some scholarships to fund the costs of the trip (transportation, accommodation). The scholarships will be funded with a budget of 5,000.00 EUR for Wikimédia France.
Applicants have to indicate in the form if they request a funding for accommodation, travel, or both ; and if applicable, how many nights they need covered and an estimate of how much they need to cover their travel expenses. Applicants will be expected to share rooms.
The scholarship will be granted before the expenses, a difference between the expenses' quotes and the real expenses can be supported by the applicants.
Please note that the allocated scholarships may not cover the entirety of all the costs involved by the trip. We recommend that you estimate your budget and plan any additional costs you might have to take care of. This can be a criterion to help you decide whether or not you should ask for a scholarship.
Any editor from a French-speaking Wikimedia project, and any volunteer from the French-speaking movement is eligible to apply for one of the scholarships available.
Your applications (written in French or English) must be sent to hackathon-2017-bourses(at)lists.wikimedia.fr by April 9th 2017 at 23:59 UTC +2.
They will then be forwarded to the Scholarship Allocation Committee.
You will be informed on the outcome mid-April.
- Last name:
- First name:
- Nickname as an editor:
- Birth date:
- Link to Phabricator profile and/or Github profile:
- Email address:
- Do you need funding for travel, accommodation, or both?
- How much will you need to cover the travel expenses? Please indicate your travel route.
- How many nights do you need?
- If we agree to sponsor you at this year's hackathon, please let us know how you will help contribute to the goals and success of the event?
- Please describe your activity in Wikimedia / MediaWiki or other free software projects in the past and what you plan to work on in the future.
- Please indicate if you would be willing to attend the event as a mentor for newcomers.
Commitments of the candidate:
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, pledges to actually come to the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017.
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, will be responsible for booking the registration, transport and accommodation.
- The candidate, if they get and accept one of the grants, is informed that outside this grant they will not be eligible to any complementary funding from Wikimédia France or any other organisation of the Wikimedia movement.