Update on April 5: The Montreal bid is no longer in contention for Wikimania 2012. Please see the main page for Wikimania 2012 on meta for details on IRC presentations by finalists, and the timeline to announcing the winning bid.
- How do you plan to expand the list of organisers? (Presuming that 2 Wikimedians isn't enough)
- You will need many volunteers – how are you planning to approach and find them?
- Will you take a production company or produce the conference yourself?
- What is the proposed venue?
- Is the list of hotel rooms checked with the hotel or is it the entire amount of rooms in the said hotels? If so – will the registration to accommodation be done through the organizers or directly through the hotels?
- Dorms cost is very high – about 75$US per night – are their cheaper accommodations available?
- Are the hotels B&B? if not – where will attendees be able to eat breakfast?
- Most countries of the world require a VISA to Canada, have the attendees approached federal government in order to facilitate this?
- Can you provide a budget?
- Do you have a ballpark figure for fixed costs?
- Have you approached sponsors? Do you have a list of possible sponsors?
- What is your experience in finding sponsorship?
- What programme highlights can you bring that are intrinsic to locating Wikimania Montreal/Quebec/Canada?
- The conference is scheduled to 28 – 30 July. On 29 July it will be Tishaa BeAv – a Jewish fast of great importance to all religious Jews, which would mean that no religious Jews will be able to attend the conference – was this taken into consideration?
- Also Ramadan will commence on 20th July and continue for a month – have you taken this into consideration?
- The support letters are not relevant – related to 2011.
- Do you have ideas for guest speakers? Who? How many?
- What is your suggested itinerary of the conference?
- What are your strengths? Your weaknesses? And how will you cope with your weaknesses?
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us about what you want to have happen at Wikimania 2012?