- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Education Mapping Exercise
- Author(s) of the submission
- SPatnaik (WMF)
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Main theme
- how we make it happen
- Type of session
- Lightning talk
- Length of session
- 5 mins
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
In 2018 the Education team worked with two interns on mapping education activities in the Wikimedia movement. They worked for a total of two months from July to September 2018 to map the education activities in the movement. By the end of the internship, they were able to collect data on 100+ activities. The education team is planning to open the document for public review by the mid-March.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
The resulting mapping document seeks to serve as a centralized resource for anyone who wants to start a program similar to the existing ones or to reach out to community leaders previously involved in education initiatives.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- Anyone who is doing or has previously involved in education activities involving Wikimedia projects.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.