- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Haur eta Gazte Literatura (children's and youth literature)
Haur eta Gazte Literatura (children's and youth literature)
- Author(s) of the submission
Marta Maza, Aitzol Astigarraga
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Basque Wikipedians User Group, Donostia Kultura
- Main theme
Skills for life
- Type of session
Teachers, GLAM workers, students
- Length of session
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
Haur eta Gazte Literatura (Children's and youth Literature in Basque), is a collaborative project that emerged in Donostia between the city's Children's Literature Documentation Centre, the Education College of the University of the Basque Country and the Basque Wikipedians User Group in 2016.
This GLAM-Wiki initiative aims to spread the local knowledge on authors and works of Basque literature for children and young people in open access by Wikipedia in Basque, while promoting digital literacy to students and encouraging them as proactive wikiuser.
With the help of a Wikimedian-in-Residence in the Children's Literature Documentation Centre, material related to children literature has been released, such as book covers, illustrations, drawings... Furthermore, writers and illustrators were invited to record their voice to include in their article's infoboxes. Short passages of their works were also recorded to insert in the book's related article.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- We think that sharing our strategy and experience could serve other libraries and universities as a model for engaging students with Wikipedia as well as to spread the local knowledge on literature.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
Teachers and GLAM workers.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.