- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Herripediak: community work to promote local knowledge in Wikipedia
Herripediak (townpedia): community work to promote local knowledge
- Author(s) of the submission
Xabier Cañas, Aitzol Astigarraga
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Basque Wikipedians User Group
- Main theme
Skills for life
- Type of session
Learners, people interested in promoting local knowledge through non formal educational programs
- Length of session
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
From 2015 till now we have developed several different wikiprojects: Amarapedia, Donostiapedia, Uliako Lore Baratzak... all of them collaborative projects linking Wikipedia with local knowledge. The objective has been to create articles on Wikipedia about our closest environment (people, places, neighborhood, city): construction of the local knowledge by locals with the help of wikipedians. The final result was collected in various books (Donostiapedia, Uliako Lore Baratzak) or, where appropriate, made available to people through multilingual QR codes.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- It could be interesting as a model of non-formal education
- Wikipedia as integration and convivence tool for the local community
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
People interested in non-formal educational models, teachers,
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.