- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- How to integrate courseware design and instructional tools into class
- Author(s) of the submission
- Bekriah S. Mawasi, bks-WMIL
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Palestinian citizen of Israel
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Israel
- Main theme
- how we make it happen
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 30 min
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
Developing and designing multimedia training tools can effectively assist students and school staff in Wikipedia and Wikimedia Education projects. Providing such tools can ensure sustainability and recruitment of more Wikipedians at schools and educational institutions. What should be taken into consideration when designing instructional kits for teachers and instructors and trainers in educational projects like Students Write Wikipedia? How do these tools facilitate the acquisition of technical skills at schools while combining the particularities of each Wikipedia? And how do we integrate them in class and measure their efficiency? The session will demonstrate examples from instructional materials in both Arabic and Hebrew developed and designed by Wikimedia Israel.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
The session will present successes and challenges in designing tutorials.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
Wikimedians, educators, instructors
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.