- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- How we recruite Wiki ambassadors?
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Serbia
- Main theme
- How we make it happen
- Type of session
- students, volunteers
- Length of session
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
In this presentation, I will focus not only on presenting the outcomes and results of the work of the Wikimedia Serbia, but also on presenting the challenges and learning patterns that other can use and apply it in practice. I will present a model of engagement of students who remain Wikipedia editors and volunteers in Wikimedia Serbia, and spread the idea of free knowledge at their faculties and beyond. The specificity of their engagement is reflected in the fact that they have achieved a great number of cooperation with educational institutions, have engaged a great number of their peers to get involved in our educational program and have helped to increase the visibility of our projects. I will talk about what we do to encourage them to stay longer as our volunteers and to be motivated to work with us. In addition, I will present the difficulties that we encountered in our work so that others might learn from our missteps and not repeat them.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
It is presenting:
- Good practice
- Model of engaging students
- Volunteer retention
- Activities we do that can be implemented in other countries and regions
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic? People invloved in Wikipedia education program and comumunity management, volunteers, others
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.