Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019/Submissions/Idazlezainak: writers guards
|This is an Open submission for Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019 that has not yet been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Idazlezainak: writers guards
Idazlezainak: writer guards
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
EWKE, Basque Wikipedians User Group
- Main theme
Free knowledge for the world
- Type of session
GLAM and new audiences
- Length of session
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
Librarians, besides taking care of books, also take care of writers. The Idazlezainak group does it on the Wikipedia, creating articles of writers and books, keeping them updated and offering as many resources as possible. The project, started in 2017 and promoted by the city's culture division Donostia Kultura, involves 15 librarians from 3 different cultural institutions of Donostia-San Sebastian. The librarians group meet on Fridays for a couple of hours to help/teach each other.
The challenge for 2018-2019 is universal literature. Within the Education Program of the Basque Wikipedians User Group, and in close collaboration with the association of EIZIE translators, we work to improve the articles of Universal Literature in Basque. We also organize public events and talks to raise awareness of the project and encourage new libraries/librarians to join the project.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- We think that sharing our strategy and experience could serve other libraries/librarians as model for engaging with Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia-library engagement give us the opportunity to promote and share local knowledge with a wider audience as well as to bring universal culture to our language. It can be interesting for other under resourced languages.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
Librarians and GLAM workers, teachers, people interested in promoting minority languages and literature.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.