Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019/Submissions/Txikipedia: the basque encyclopedia for children within Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Txikipedia: the basque encyclopedia for children within Wikipedia
- Author(s) of the submission
- Koldo Biguri
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Basque Country
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Main theme
- Knowledge for and from children
- Type of session
- Panel if possible
- Teachers and new audiences
- Length of session
- 45 min
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
- Txikipedia is the first wiki encyclopedia for children within Wikipedia and it has been a success. There are other models, but not inside Wikipedia. We will see the origin and approach of Txikipedia, data on its use and evolution, as well as the reception it has had in the media in general and in the basque school.
- How does your proposal adds knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- ... Txikipedia takes into account the right of children to access information, but also to participate in the creation of information and share it through cooperative development tools.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
Teachers, parents, schools, people interested in minortiy languages,
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.