Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019/Submissions/Txikipedia: the basque encyclopedia for children within Wikipedia: Practical experience in Zumaia High School
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Txikipedia: the basque encyclopedia for children within Wikipedia: Practical experience in Zumaia High School
- Author(s) of the submission
- Mikel Fernandez de Arroiabe
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Euskal herria, Basque Country
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Main theme
- Practical application of the project Txikipedia in a High School, in Zumaia
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 20 min + 10 min q&a
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
- Txikipedia is the first wiki encyclopedia for children within Wikipedia and it has been a success. In Zumaia High School, 16 years old students write articles on the subject they are studying for children aging between 8 and 13. Teachers of the Science Department had a fast training in Txikipedia and they decide what articles must be written for children. In the first term the subject was Anatomy and students wrote articles about bones, in the second term in Physics the will write about cimenatic concepts and the third term they will do articles about Geology.
- How does your proposal adds knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- Txikipedia takes into account the right of children to access information, but also to participate in the creation of information and share it through cooperative development tools.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- Teachers, parents, schools, people interested in minortiy languages,
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.