Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019/Submissions/Wiki-Bridges Mooc: Bridges between school, digital and free culture
|This is an Open submission for Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019 that has not yet been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Author(s) of the submission
- Luisina Ferrante
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Argentina Chapter
- Main theme
- How do we make it happen?
- Type of session
- Presentations (about a topic you have been working on, 20 min + 10 min q&a)
- teachers, students, learners, researchers
- Length of session
- 20 min + 10 min q&a
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
The education program of Wikimedia Argentina has been carrying out during four years a virtual proposal known as Wikipuentes "Bridges between school, digital and free culture". We organized virtual courses for teachers of high schools and universities with the objective of learning how to edit in Wikipedia and encouraged them to generate educational proposals using the free encyclopedia in their classrooms. We created a virtual campus specially designed to develop MOOCs for teachers, and we carried out 8 Wikipuentes, in which more than 600 teachers attended and more than 1500 articles were improved.
We address this proyect in the strategic direction of knowledge as a service: Providing training spaces, access to information and resources regarding free culture and education, at a local and regional scale.
- How does your proposal adds knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- Share our experiences on developing an specific educational remote project with a long-term projection and continuity
- Share our learnings and challenges in the development of projects that help us to consolidate the Education Program inside educational institutions
- Share examples and testimonies of other teachers using Wikipedia, as a educational tool, in the region. Teaching with Wikipedia is possible, evaluate with Wikipedia also.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- Educational community
- Slides or further information
- WikiBridges publication 2015
- WikiBridges publication 2016
- Educational Magazine Noveduc: Puentes entre las culturas escolares, digitales y libres
- Virtual Campus Wikimedia Argentina
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.