- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia education program at Hashemite university in jordan
- Author(s) of the submission
- Mossab Banat
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Wikimedians of Levant, Wikipedia & Education User Group
- Main theme
- how we make it happen (Wikipedia education program establishing)
- Type of session
- teachers , students, learners, and other administratives at the educational institutions.
- Length of session
- total of 30 minutes
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
Wikipedia education program in the Hashemite university is one of the largest education programs in the middle East and it includes around 12 faculties in the university as well as many professors, campus ambassadors and online volunteers. I established a student club inside my university called "Digital Arabic content club" which have administrative board and work to enrich Wikipedia in collaboration with the university that provides financial support of 1000 Jordan dinars for our club activities. I serve as the chairman for the club with around 500 students work with me in many different faculties including even graduates. This session will highlight the idea of education program establishment from zero and how to persuade educational institutions to implement Wikipedia in Education from student perspective.
- How does your proposal adds knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- I am a Wikipedia education program team leader at Hashemite University in Jordan. and i established the education program from zero since end of 2014 until full establishment in 30 October 2018; when Katherine Maher, the excutive director of Wikimedia foundation visited my university (the hashemite university in jordan) after my invitation in April 2018 at Berlin -immediately after Wikimedia conference- to sign a MOU with the university in that there will be induction office for Wikipedia which will contains laptop for training of students in the university. i am running large campaign on dashboard for Wikipedia education program on hashemite university so that it can help the international community by sharing the experience in institutionalizing the Wikipedia education program in a governmental university inside very hard region like the middle East.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
Wikipedians interested in Education, teachers, professors, educators, and any administrative who is interested in establishing Wikipedia education program.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.