- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikis by and for children: an overview
- Author(s) of the submission
Ziko van Dijk
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
university of Duisburg-Essen
- Main theme
How we make it happen
- Type of session
Teachers, OER activists
- Length of session
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
Since 2004, a number of wikis have been created with children as the target group. Some wikis exist as learning platforms, others provide only content to children. In 2014, I have co-founded a wiki for children in German, the Klexikon. This creation has brought me in contact with activists for children's wikis and teachers alike. I would like to give an overview over the different ways of running such a wiki and discuss some related topics. Also, the presentation explains how the Klexikon was created and how to write for children.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- Wikis for children are wikis with a specific target group, which is something unusual for many wiki activistis
- Wikis for children can be used as a valuable knowledge resource, but also spread the idea of using wikis in general. It is useful to know how to employ them in education.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- Activists for free knowledge
- Teachers who teach children age 6-12 years
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.