WikimediaZA: Internship Opportunity
Wikimedia South Africa invites applications for a six (6) months Internship programme. This programme is aimed at enhancing the employability of the unemployed graduates with qualifications in Public Relations, Communications, Media or related qualifications. Successful candidates shall be paid a monthly stipend for the duration of the Internship programme.
WikimediaZA, formally known as Wikimedia South Africa is a chapter approved by the Wikimedia Foundation founded to support and promote Wikimedia projects in South Africa. The chapter is incorporated as a not-for-profit organisation and seeks to promote local awareness of Wikipedia and its sister projects, encourage translation efforts of Wikimedia into local languages, support local Wikimedians, and the creation and sharing of free knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward a brief Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter stating why they would like to be considered for the internship. Certified copies of an identity document, senior certificate, and qualification to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must ensure to put the “WikimediaZA: Internship Opportunity” on the subject line when applying.
Under the guidance and supervision of WikimediaZA’s administrator and Communications specialist the interns will be responsible for: Planning of media campaigns and events
- Updating social media pages
- Creating Video/YouTube Content
- Writing Press releases and Media advisories
- Assist administrator in Branding and setting up Wikimedia events
- Capturing impact stories and publicising on Meta
- Assist in creating and monitoring dashboard for Wikimedia events
- Basic knowledge of image and video editing required.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12/Matric qualification
- Public Relations/Communications/Media degree or equivalent qualification
- Fully computer literate with the knowledge of MS Suit (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and the use of the internet.
- No prior experience is required
Closing date: 28 February 2022