Wikimedia 2030ːYouth Strategy Salon Tanzania
|1||Antoni Mtavangu||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Jadnapac|
|2||Alfredina Manila||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Belindamakoye|
|3||Dominic Deusdedith||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||flymantz|
|4||Aristarik Maro||Creative Commons Tanzania||Aristarik|
|5||Adolf Masaganya||UDSM||Adolf Masaganya|
|6||Germanus Xavier||UDOM||germanus xavier|
|7||Ally Hashimu Kiliwasha||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Killy95|
|8||Alex Method||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Rwebogora|
|9||Rahabu Mwaituka||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Mariana|
|10||Kelvin Matola||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Kevin Matola|
|12||Otto Augustino Nyongole||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Olimasy|
|13||Alexander Demetro||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Alexander Demetro|
|14||Hamis Juma||Aga Khan University||Hamisj|
|15||Brayson John||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||Brayson John|
|16||Bartzar Joshua||Wikimedia Community User Group Tanzania||joshuabarry's|
|8:30am - 9:00am||Arrival and Registration||ALL|
|9:00am - 9:30am||Tea and Networking||ALL|
|9:30am - 10:00am||Introduction to Wikimedia Movement and Movement Strategy Process||Clement & Antoni|
|10:00am - 11:00am||Product & Technology: Group Discussions||Each Individual Group|
|11:00am - 11:15am||Group Summary presentations||Group Leaders|
|11:15am - 11:30am||Ice breaker||ALL|
|11:30am - 12ː30pm||Capacity Building: Group Discussions||Each Individual Group|
|12:30pm - 12:45pm||Group Summary presentations||Group Leaders|
|12:45pm - 1:00pm||Meta page updating...||Group leaders|
|1:00pm - 1:30pm||Lunch||ALL|
|1:30pm - 2:00pm||Nomination of 2 Exoplanet names||ALL (as per Dr.Jiwaji guidance )|
|2:00pm - 30:00pm||Joint Scoping Questions analysis||ALL|
|3:00pm - 4:00pm||Videos, Photos and Conclusion||ALL|
TOPIC 1ː PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY
QN 1ːWhat is the role of our technology in preserving/protecting access towards free knowledge, free speech, free software, and open internet platforms and standards?
What: free knowledge, free speech, free software, and open internet platforms and standards.
- Give message out
- Meet and discuss
- Develop new ideas
- Work collaboratively
- Access global information
QN 2: What resources are needed to do capacity building?
Capacity building are communication and activities done in order to build, obtain strengthen, retain, share knowledge, beliefs, tools, skills and resources.
i. Loans and funds
iii. Other economic assistance: like subscription fees
i. Skilled personnel
What are comparable planning and development processes that help similar groups and organizations to set the right priorities and assure efficiency?
- To ensure community participation
- To understand preferences and culture
- To understand users requirements by doing research
- To have development of local content
'How do we make capacity building inclusive and equitable?'
- Through training and learning
- Through participation
- To enhance promotion through medias Example Social and mass medias
- To understand how language is used
How can we better attract,support and retain diverse technical contributors particularly building and supporting local developer communities and prioritizing projects which will engage technical contributors?
- Forming groups like user groups, chapters and sub chapters
- Publicity through media channels to build awareness to technical contributors about WMF projects
- Forums for stakeholders networking particularly the local developers, journalists etc.
- Outreach programs in schools to gain more contributors.
- Campaigns like Wiki Loves Health or Wiki Loves Law to attract technical contributors of different fields
- Training about Wikimedia projects.
- Tools to support WMF projects
- Recognition of the founders of projects and the best technical contributors locally, regionally and globally.
- Challenges, prices and awards to increase morale and motivate the contributors to stay in WMF projects.
Which stakeholders should be a part of capacity building efforts and how?
- Individuals who can be the key contributors of WMF projects like notable people,community user groups and professionals.
- Education Institutions who can be a part of providing libraries for referencing and building clubs
- Organizations who can be affiliates to the WMF projects through provision of expertise and partnership
- Media for publicity to build awareness of the WMF projects.
- Government that forms policies to create a good environment for promoting free knowledge.