Taking into account that civility and assuming good faith are core principles of the Wikimedia movement, Wikimedia Ukraine
together with Sheptytsky Centre
expect all participants to abide by the following Friendly Space Policy during all activities of CEE Meeting 2018:
Friendly space policy
- We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free venue and conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical appearance, age, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, national origin, or religion – and not limited to these features.
- We do not tolerate any form of harassment of conference participants. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue or talks.
- Harassment includes – but is not limited to – offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical appearance, age, race, ethnicity, political affiliation, national origin, or religion.
- Harassment also includes sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, unwelcome following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- The Venue includes a public cultural space, a kids' zone, a café, a bookstore, an exhibition zone and a library, and they will be open to other people, so please keep that in mind.
- All participants and volunteers of the conference must also follow the Rules and Regulations of Sheptytsky Centre.
- Taking and publishing photographs and films of conference participants and volunteers is allowed by default, except:
- Those who mark themselves not to be photographed. The special "no-photo" stickers will be provided by organizers of the conference.
- Those who clearly ask the photographers and film-makers not to be recorded by voice or gesture command.
- It is not allowed to take or publish pictures of the visitors and employees of Sheptytsky Centre and Hotel without their clear agreement.
- Any participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference volunteers or staff immediately. Conference staff and volunteers can be identified by special badges.
- Staff and volunteers will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those who may experience harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
In case of any participant is breaking the Friendly space policy or causing other troubles, please approach any of the conference Safety team members:
- Anton Obozhyn, team member, +38 063 765 38 41 , +38 095 618 40 20
- Vira Motorko, team member, + 38 066 77 404 99
- Christel Steigenberger, WMF Trust & Safety Specialist, +1 415 996 7580